Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 0 v 2 Dunfermline Athletic

Match Type: Scottish Championship
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 4th October 2008
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 1,273
Referee: C Allan
Dunfermline Athletic


Clyde   Dunfermline Athletic
  Kirk (37)
  Harper (43)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Dunfermline Athletic
Hutton Gallagher
(65) Lowing Thomson (23)
(46) Ohnesorge Wilson
McGregor Phinn
Brown Sheilds
Kettlewell McCann Yellow Card
McKay Harper Yellow Card
Yellow Card Emslie Glass
Yellow Card Clarke Payne
Gemmill Kirk (84)
Yellow Card (46) Waddell Burke (75)
Yellow Card (46) McSwegan Wiles (75)
Cherrie Reidford
(65) Ruari MacLennan Campbell (84)
(46) Higgins Woods
McGowan Bell (23)

Hide Match Report

by Graham Murray

Clyde were looking to bounce back from the disappointing home defeat against Queen of the South and finally register a home win. The Bully Wee welcomed back Pat Clarke, but were of course minus Billy Gibson. Peter Cherrie was replaced in goal by Davie Hutton.

In difficult conditions the home side started brighter, and McKay and Clarke combined well with Clarke just failing to connect with McKay’s inviting cross. However Clarke did make contact minutes later from Lowing’s good cross, but the striker was up to early and never troubled Gallagher in the Pars goal. Unfortunately the failure to capitalise on the promising play would come back and haunt Clyde.

Harper was getting a lot of joy down the right hand side against Ohnersorge and his neat pass forced McGregor to make a good stop from the onrushing Bayne. Harper would not be denied, and he would play a lovely through pass to Kirk who would calmly slot by Hutton to give Dunfermline the lead.

Clyde tried to hit back and were unlucky that McCann’s foul on McKay was adjudged to be outside of the box rather than inside however the game would be up 5 minutes from half-time when Dunfermline doubled their lead. It was that man Harper capitalising on a poor header clear from Ohnersorge to fire home from 20 yards on a slippery surface.

Realising the problems Harper was causing, Higgins and McSwegan would replace the struggling Ohnersorge and Waddell. Higgins determination was evident, but Clyde could not put enough pressure on the Pars defence, angering the home fans by the reluctance to shot and over elaborate. Only once did they pass their way through at it was the closest they came, when Kettlewell played a neat one – two with McSwegan, but curled his shot just wide.

Unsurprisingly, the alarming form at home had many fans voicing their displeasure at the full-time whistle.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights