Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 3 Stirling Albion

Match Type: Scottish Championship
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 2nd February 2008
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 961
Referee: C Allan
Stirling Albion


Clyde   Stirling Albion
pen. (79) Fagan Taggart (54)
  Aitken (66) pen.
  Aitken (78)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Stirling Albion
Hutton Hogarth
N McGregor Nugent
Campbell Allison
(76) Higgins Ellis
McKeown Forsyth
Masterton Harris (76)
B Gibson McBride
(46) Ruari MacLennan Aitken (85)
Arbuckle Taggart
Clarke McKenna (89)
(46) M McGowan Paartalu
(76) D McGowan Graham
Cherrie Crawley
Yellow Card (46) Fagan Hay (76)
(46) Bradley Lilley (85) Yellow Card
Bestvina Moffat (89)

Hide Match Report

by Graham Murray

In John Brown's first game in charge, there would be several changes to the starting line-up. New signings Clarke, Billy Gibson and Iain Campbell would start, with Sean Fagan on the bench.

Clyde would start the brighter of the two sides and should have had a penalty when Arbuckle was bundled over in the box when clean through. A foul was committed and and the punishment, had it been given would have been a red card.

Debutant Clarke was impressing the most and was unfortunate that an official's decision cost him the chance of an assist, after he had put MacLennan through he was caught and rather than play the advantage the referee pulled back play for the foul.

MaClennan was unlucky with a drive that went narrowly past, again after good forward play involving Clarke.

A fairly flat first half, with very little sign of the capitulation that would follow.

9 minutes into the second half, a poor kickout from Hutton was picked up just inside the Clyde half by Taggart, who simply skinned McKeown for place before slotting under a suspiciously placed Hutton to put the visitors in front.

The turning point in the game came five minutes later, when a great Masterton delivery was met powerfully by Billy Gibson, but Stirling keeper Hogarth made a superb stop to keep his side in front.

Stirling scored a second on 66 minutes and again, there was a real element of self infliction, when McGregor pulled on McKenna's jersey and gave the referee no option but to award a penalty despite the Stirling forward's best efforts to play on. Aitken made no mistake from the spot.

The same player would cap off an impressive display with a superb free kick to end the game with 12 minutes to go.

A minute later and second half sub Fagan converted from the spot after Gibson was apparently fouled in the box.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights