Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 1 Greenock Morton

Match Type: Scottish Championship
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Tuesday, 11th March 2008
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Attendance: 1,265
Referee: S O'Reilly
Greenock Morton


Clyde   Greenock Morton
(56) Clarke N McGregor (26) O.G.

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Greenock Morton
Hutton Robinson
N McGregor MacGregor Yellow Card
B Gibson McLaughlin
Higgins Millar
Bestvina Greacen
Yellow Card (46) Wilson Harding Yellow Card
(46) Bradley McGuffie
Yellow Card Smith Jenkins
Yellow Card Clarke Weatherson
(80) Ruari MacLennan Russell (62)
M McGowan McAlistair
(46) Masterton Stevenson
Cherrie McGurn
(46) D McGowan Graham (62)
(80) McKay Finlayson
Campbell Walker

Hide Match Report

by Graham Murray

After a much more encouraging display away to Livi, Clyde looked to build on that when they faced Morton at a very wet and windy Broadwood. Pat Clarke returned up front.

Morton would have a huge advantage first half with the wind in their favour, and took the initiative early on.

A good run by McLaughlin saw him skip past Smith and into the box, where his dangerous cutback was cleared to the edge of the box by Higgins. Millar then volleyed goalwards, but Higgins was up smartly to head clear.

Conditions were playing a major part and it came as no surprise when they contributed to the first goal of the match.

After McGowan had conceded a corner, McAllister swung a dangerous cross into the box that McGregor misjudged and glanced into his own net with Hutton stranded.

McLaughlin would try to use the wind once more with a free kick from distance that almost caught out Hutton.

The only other real talking point of the first half was Wilson's early booking that saw the opposition screaming for another card every time he committed a foul afterwards. John Brown would see the danger and replace him at half time.

With the wind at their back, Clyde looked to use the advantage, and 11 minutes into the half they levelled in bizarre circumstances. A Morton clearance was blocked high into the air by Clarke, but there was no real danger until 'Ton keeper Robinson misjudged where the ball was going to drop, saw Clarke run round him and slot home from a tight angle into the empty net.

The freak goal sparked Clyde into life, with Clarke particularly threatening. He won a free kick 30 yards from goal, and Masterton was unlucky to see his effort brush the upright and go wide.

Morton did have a chance to go back in front, but Weatherston's well-struck free kick was inches wide.

If Robinson was at fault for the Clyde goal he made amends with just 15 minutes to go. His goal kick was held up in the wind and Gibson rose well to send Clarke free. The striker took a good first touch before cracking a shot goalwards that Robinson reacted superbly to, to tip over.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights