Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 2 v 3 Hamilton Academical

Match Type: Scottish Championship
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 26th January 2008
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 1,214
Referee: D Somers
Hamilton Academical


Clyde   Hamilton Academical
(3) Arbuckle Offiong (43)
(15) Imrie Mensing (56)
  Offiong (77)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Hamilton Academical
Hutton Halliwell
N McGregor Parratt (51)
(81) Smith Swailes Yellow Card
Higgins McLaughlin
McKeown Easton
Masterton Neil
D McGowan Gibson (67)
Ruari MacLennan Mensing
Arbuckle Gilhaney Yellow Card
Imrie Offiong Yellow Card
Yellow Card M McGowan Twigg (38)
Bestvina Graham (51)
Cherrie Cerny
McKenna Barrau (67)
(81) Roddy MacLennan McArthur (38)
Connolly Winters

Hide Match Report

Clyde celebrated the appointment of John Brown as manager with a game against league leaders Hamilton at a boggy Broadwood.

Right from the first whistle Clyde took the game to Hamilton and Maclennan shot inches wide after just 13 seconds.

Clyde would get their rewards after just 3 minutes when a long Hutton kick found its way all the way through to Arbuckle 2 yards out who instinctively flicked pat Halliwell.

The lead would be double after just 15 minutes. A rather soft looking free kick saw Imrie step up and curl a magnificent 25-yard curling effort into the top corner.

Halliwell was definitely the busier of the two keepers and he had to look smart to stop another powerful Imrie drive after MaClennan and Arbuckle had set him up expertly.

Halliwell brought out another good stop from McGowan, and an even better stop at the feet of Arbuckle at the rebound.

If those saves were good, the next one was top drawer as Imrie again found his range, this time from a 30 yard free kick that Halliwell tipped over superbly, hurting himself against the post in the process.

As half time approached, Hamilton were lucky only to be 2 goals down, and their luck certainly changed for the better 2 minutes before the break. After McArthur got a fortuitous touch to take him away from three Clyde players, he fed the ball up front to Parrat. The full back slipped the ball through to Gilhaney who tried to take it round Hutton. Hutton did manage to foil Gilhaney, but his palm away was weak and straight into the path of Offiong who expertly steered the ball home.

That unwarranted slice of luck would act as a catalyst to a superb second half fight back in the second half.

11 minutes into the half and Accies were level, when a Gilhaney cross seemed to hit off the back of the unmarked Mensing's head and drop in the corner of the net.

Halliwell was earning his wages this day, and made another good stop from Imrie when Maclennan played him through again.

Accies completed their comeback with 13 minutes remaining, when another Gilhaney cross was met on the volley by Offiong who steered the ball into the corner and away from Hutton.

There was 1 final chance fro Clyde to get a point that their first half display had at least warranted, when they were awarded a penalty with seconds remaining.

McGowan stepped up but saw Halliwell again break Clyde hearts by blocking the spot-kick.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights