Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 2 Dundee

Match Type: Scottish Championship
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 1st September 2007
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 1,606
Referee: C Boyle


Clyde   Dundee
(4) Higgins McHale (52)
  O'Brien (64)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Dundee
Hutton Samson
N McGregor Worrell
Kirkup McDonald (30)
Yellow Card Higgins MacKenzie
Smith Dixon
Masterton Daquin Yellow Card
Yellow Card Yellow Card Cardle Palenik
(68) Ruari MacLennan Robertson
Yellow Card Imrie O'Brien
(68) D McGowan Zemlik (46) Yellow Card
(67) M McGowan Davidson (86)
(68) Arbuckle McHale (30)
Cherrie Swankie
(68) McKenna Lyle (46)
Wilson Sturm (86)
(67) Doherty Griffin

Hide Match Report

by Graham Murray

Clyde were looking to build on their impressive first win of the season against St Johnstone, in the meeting with in form Dundee at Broadwood. Debuts were handed to loan signings Joe Cardle and Dan Kirkup, with Sean McKenna dropping to the bench.

Much like the game against St Johnstone, Clyde were out of the traps quickly, and after only 4 minutes took the lead. A superb corner from Masterton bemused the away defence and Higgins prodded home.

Dundee tried to hit back, and the impressive McDonald dribbled his way into the box, cut back to Zemlick, whose cute back heel was cleared by Kirkup.

On 13 minutes, there was controversy, as Cardle was adjudged by referee Boyle to have dived in the box, after he had taken a high clearance down well in the box.

The youngster would try to make amends 7 minutes later when he cut inside his marker, but his shot was straight at Dundee keeper Samson.

Dundee hadn't contributed too much in an attacking sense so far in the match, but almost got an equalizer handed to them when McDonald disposed McGregor, but managed to shoot just wide from 12 yards when clean through.

Cardle's debut ended on 24 minutes, when he was given a second yellow card for an innocuous looking challenge on McDonald earned him a second yellow card. It was certainly a foul, but more so due to McDonald's skill and touch rather than any malicious intent on Cardle's part. McDonald would take little more part in the game however, and was replaced by Paul McHale on 30 minutes.

Despite the numerical disadvantage, Clyde still looked the more likely to score, although chances were not at a premium. A 35-yard Masterton free kick was well struck, but straight at Samson, and the same player did well to pick out McGregor's good run in the box, but his header from 16 yards was again saved by Samson.

The only other incident of note was referee Boyle booking Zemlick for a bad tackle on Imrie just on half time.

This was to be his last involvement as Derek Lyle replaced him at half time.

For Clyde to take anything from this game, they would have to ensure they kept things tight at the back for the first 15 minutes, but only 6 minutes into the half and the game was level. After Clyde appeared to be in possession of the ball comfortably, Kirkup played the ball inside to McGregor, who took too long in possession, and was robbed by McHale. The ex Clyde captain silenced the boo-boys in the home end by placing his shot from 25 yards right in the corner.

McHale had another shot 6 minutes later that whistled just by.

Unfortunately, Dundee had seized the initiative and went in front on 63 minutes. A Daquin corner saw Hutton unusually come for the cross, get no where near it, and was left in no mans land, as McKenzie fired home the clearance.

Despite Clyde bringing on all three subs to try and salvage something, Dundee would hold out for the win, which looked unlikely until the sending off.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights