Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 0 v 1 Livingston

Match Type: Scottish Championship
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 10th February 2007
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 1,007
Referee: C Hardie


Clyde   Livingston
  Golabek (44)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Livingston
Hutton Stewart
Yellow Card Harris MacKay
Yellow Card McCann Golabek
Higgins McPake
McKeown Tweed Yellow Card
Masterton Mitchell
Bryson Hamill
(73) Gilmour Walker Yellow Card
(60) Arbuckle Teggart (70)
Imrie Mole
M McGowan Craig (78) Yellow Card
(73) Ferguson Fox (70)
Cherrie Wight
(60) Williams Dorrans (78)
Bradley Miller
MacLennan Smylie

Hide Match Report

by Graham Murray

Clyde entertained Livingston with Hutton and McKeown returning to the starting 11 with debutant Brian Gilmour getting a start upfront.

After a slow start to the game Clyde should have taken the lead after 8 minutes. A Masterton free kick found its way in the box to Gilmour, the new boy clipped an inviting cross to the back post area where the unmarked Harris, on his favoured left foot, blasted over from no more than 6 yards out.

5 minutes later and Clyde again created but failed to take advantage of two gilt edges chances. The first fell to Gary Arbuckle. After a poor Masterton corner was poorly cleared and returned out to him, the midfielder produced a rare cross of quality to the back post, only to see Arbuckle climb well, but head poorly wide, again from no more than six yards out.

A minute later and another Masterton free kick was delivered deep and saw young Harris again on the end 4 yards out, but failing to make good enough contact to divert the ball goal wards while stretching for the ball.

At this point the game was all Clyde, and the team were playing with confidence and moving the ball well.

Midway through the first half and Clyde won a corner, after an innocuous looking McGowan cross was misjudged by Livi keeper Stewart, who luckily managed to kick the ball onto the post and out for a corner. From the resultant corner, Masterton crossed low and hard, and after good work by Gilmour the ball fell to Arbuckle, who proceeded to blast over from 2 yards out.

If the Clyde fans were wondering if it was going to be one of those days, their fears were confirmed on 27 minutes, when Clyde produced the best move of the match. A freekick from deep within the Clyde half, the furthest Livingston had managed to get up the park so far, was met well by Imrie across the 18 yard line. Arbuckle held the ball up to feed the onrushing McCann, who showed great skill and pace to slip the ball to the impressive Bryson, who slipped the ball through to Gilmour who found the base of the post with his shot, and keeper Stewart pushed the ball out for a corner.

The impressive Gilmour had yet another chance for Clyde after another excellent move that saw Masterton send a quick free kick long on to the onrushing McGowan, his superb first time volley found Gilmour in the box, only to be denied by the very close attentions of McPake.

Clyde had rarely created so many clear cut chances in any half of football this season, but with nil still registering on the scoreboard, the inevitable happened. A soft free kick was awarded by Ref Hardie, and on loan Stuart Golabek unleashed a superb free kick past Hutton to give the visitors and truly undeserved half time lead.

As impressive as the Clyde performance in the first half was, Livingston knew they had won a watch and adjusted their tactics accordingly. Instead of playing, or trying to, an attacking sort of game, they adopted the kind of tactics Clyde have struggled against recently, with their midfield dropping deep, and allowing the Clyde backline to have possession to pass the ball sideways, but not to make any sort of penetrating passes forward.

So different was Clyde's performance in the second half, that the only real chance at goal came in the final minute when McGowan finally managed to accept dead ball responsibilities from Masterton and forced Stewart into a fine, if unorthodox save. In fact Hutton had been the busier of the two keepers in the second half, as he kept out shots from both Jamie Mole and Steven Craig.

In conclusion, there would have been no Clyde fan disappointed if we managed to convert half our chances and come away with an easy 3 or 4 goal victory. But missed chances and bad luck in abundance give many selective memory and according to some we are facing certain relegation.

The manager now has to turn round the growing number of doubters as we enter a particularly difficult run of fixtures.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights