Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Falkirk 3 v 0 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League One
Venue: The Falkirk Stadium
Date: Saturday, 21st August 2021
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 3,545
Referee: C Steven


Falkirk   Clyde
(57) Dixon  
pen. (67) Morrison  
(90) Morrison  

Hide Line-ups

Falkirk   Clyde
Mutch Mitchell
Miller Munro
Hall Rumsby
Dixon Elsdon
McCann Mortimer
(65) Ross Cunningham
Telfer Cuddihy (76)
Nesbitt Nicoll (61)
Morrison Gomis
(79) Keena Kennedy (85)
(86) McGuffie Goodwillie
Martin Bradley-Hurst
(65) Krasniqi Balatoni
(79) Wilson Docherty (85)
Ompreon Jones (61)
(86) Weekes Andrew (76)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee suffered a disappointing afternoon in Falkirk as The Bairns cruised to a 3-0 win in the cinch League 1.

Danny Lennon was forced into two changes with injury hampering his side. Billy Mortimer and Barry Cuddihy came in for Adam Livingstone and Aaron Splaine, who joined Ally Love, Jonathan Page and Gregory Tade on the sidelines.

David Mitchell was called into action early and made a fine save to deny Seb Ross with his foot, after he got on the end of a cut back and fizzed an effort towards goal.

Barry Cuddihy then made an important block when he threw his body at a goalbound shot from Craig McGuffie.

At the other end Paul Kennedy almost pressured Robbie Mutch into a mistake when he chased him down after a pass back but the home 'keeper got a fortunate break of the ball and was able to recover.

The Bairns dominated the game but The Bully Wee will be disappointed about the manner of the first two goals conceded after the interval. Referee Colin Steven took several seconds to decide that Kevin Nicoll making a clean ball winning challenge in the centre of the park was somehow a free-kick to the hosts, much to the bemusement of those inside the stadium. Clyde however switched off and allowed Paul Dixon to receive the free-kick and drive forward, before drilling a low shot beyond Mitchell into the bottom corner of the net from the edge of the box.

The lead was doubled in the 67th minute when Steven pointed to the spot, judging Scott Rumsby had fouled Aidan Keena. Callumn Morrison took the penalty and made no mistake with an emphatic finish.

Keena then cracked a shot off the post moments later before a miserable day for The Bully Wee was rounded off in stoppage time. Falkirk broke up field and Morrison found himself with his back to goal in the centre of the box, before turning and crashing a shot high into the net to make it 3-0.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips