Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

East Kilbride 2 v 2 Clyde

Match Type: League Cup
Venue: K-Park
Date: Tuesday, 20th July 2021
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Attendance: 270
Referee: D Williams
East Kilbride


East Kilbride   Clyde
(4) Erskine Jones (11)
(30) Vitoria Goodwillie (26)

Hide Line-ups

East Kilbride   Clyde
Brennan Mitchell
(79) Stevenson Cuddihy
Kenny Balatoni
Old Rumsby Yellow Card
Brady Livingstone (85)
Yellow Card Stewart Cunningham
(46) Erskine Gomis (85)
McLaughlin Splaine (77)
(81) Malcolm Love (68)
(75) Elliott Jones (77)
Vitoria Goodwillie
Kean Bradley-Hurst
(75) Rodgers Mortimer (77)
(81) Richardson Docherty (68)
(46) McAninch McGrath (85)
(79) Connor Cassidy
Millar Andrew (85)
Kennedy (77)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee took a bonus point after a penalty shoot-out victory against East Kilbride in the Premier Sports Cup this evening, following a 2-2 draw with the Lowland League side.

Danny Lennon made two changes to his side, with Adam Livingstone and David Goodwillie coming in for Mark Docherty and Paul Kennedy.

The hosts took an early lead in just the 4th minute when Chris Erskine cut in from the wing and jinked past a few players, before firing a shot beyond David Mitchell from the edge of the box.

It didn't take Clyde long to get back on level terms, with Robert Jones opening his goal account for the club seven minutes later. He was first to meet a Goodwillie cross into the box and sidefooted the ball across the goal and into the corner of the net.

Aaron Splaine then saw a piledriver from distance turned round the post by Connor Brennan, before the 'keeper was at the heart of an incident a few minutes later which saw Clyde take the lead.

Confusion in the home box led to a powerful pass being played back to Brennan, which he was forced to save. The referee awarded an indirect free-kick for a back pass a few yards from goal, and Ally Love tapped to Goodwillie, who managed to fire into the net through the eleven East Kilbride players.

Kilby made the game all square four minutes later to complete an entertaining opening half hour, when a cross into the box from the right wing was converted by Joao Vitoria.

East Kilbride then saw a chance clip off the post, whilst The Bully Wee created several opportunities in the closing stages of the first half but were unable to take any. Love saw his header go narrowly wide, whilst Morgaro Gomis fired just over from a Jones knock down.

Goodwillie then went on a driving run and saw his shot go over the bar, and then he played in Splaine one-on-one, but Brennan made a good save to deny him.

Jamie Stevenson tested Mitchell with a free-kick after the interval but the Clyde 'keeper saved, whilst at the other end Splaine got involved again but this time could only find the side netting.

Clyde continued to push forward to try and get back in front, and only the post denied Goodwillie from scoring an overhead kick.

A late chance then fell to substitute Paul Kennedy but Brennan somehow managed to keep his shot out.

The match went to penalties and Mitchell pulled off a fine save from the first spot kick, whilst Goodwillie sent Brennan the wrong way but saw his effort come back off the post. Mitchell then kept out another penalty, before Ross Cunningham put Clyde ahead. Kennedy and Mark Docherty were also successful with their efforts, and Conrad Balatoni then converted to give Clyde the bonus point.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery