Clyde FC
NL Leisure Homes Book Factoring

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Peterhead 0 v 2 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League One
Venue: Balmoor Stadium
Date: Tuesday, 30th March 2021
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Referee: D Williams


Peterhead   Clyde
  Howie (62)
  Cunningham (73)

Hide Line-ups

Peterhead   Clyde
Rae Mitchell
Yellow Card (76) Freeman Munro Yellow Card
Jason Brown Rumsby
McDonald McNiff
Conroy Otoo
Ferry McGlinchey (78)
Yellow Card S Brown Nicoll
McCarthy Thomson (46)
(76) Ritchie Love (83)
(64) Boyd Cunningham (78)
(64) Armour Jamieson (83)
(64) Payne Bain
Wilson Wilson
(76) Kesson Butterworth
(64) Jordon Brown Cuddihy (83) Yellow Card
Strachan Ritchie-Hosler (83)
McGrath Lamont (78)
Bailey Howie (46) Yellow Card
(76) Lyle Robertson
Jack (78)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee picked up a valuable three points in Peterhead this evening, courtesy of two very well taken second-half goals.

Danny Lennon made two changes to the side from Saturday's draw at Montrose, with Scott Rumsby and Ross Cunningham replacing Tom Lang and David Goodwillie.

The Blue Toon had the first effort on target, with David Mitchell having to turn Ryan Conroy's free-kick behind for a corner.

The hosts then had another good opportunity when Kieran Freeman's cross-cum-shot flashed across the face of goal. Steven Boyd got on the end of it and diverted back on target, but Martin McNiff made a vital block on the line.

Clyde opened the scoring with their first shot on target just after the hour mark. Martin McNiff floated a long free-kick wide to Craig Howie, who took a touch with his chest on the corner of the box to take the ball past a defender and unleashed a blistering strike across Joshua Rae and high into the net.

The lead was doubled in the 73rd minute when Ally Love intercepted a pass and played a long diagonal across the field. Ross Cunningham timed his run perfectly and he took an exquisite first touch before taking the ball past Rae and tapping into the net.

Peterhead almost pulled one back with ten minutes remaining when Derek Lyle was found from Jason Brown's cross, but he saw his header come off the post and bounce behind.

Mark Lamont had a chance to make it 3-0 in stoppage time after catching Rae well out of his box. He took the ball round the 'keeper but was unable to get any real power on his effort and Rae was able to get back and recover.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips