Clyde FC
NL Leisure Homes Book Factoring

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Dunfermline Athletic 1 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Friendly
Venue: East End Park
Date: Tuesday, 13th July 2004
Kick Off: 7:00pm
Attendance: 1,339
Referee: M Tumilty
Dunfermline Athletic


Dunfermline Athletic   Clyde
(90) Dempsey Bryson (32)

Hide Line-ups

Dunfermline Athletic   Clyde
Stillie Bell (Trialist)
Skerla Pinkowski (Trialist) (64)
Wilson Mensing
(73) Thomson Greenhill
Shields Fotheringham
Nicholson Bryson (46)
Mason McCracken
Dempsey Creaney (Trialist) (74)
(59) Byrne Gilhaney
(73) Hunt Boyle (Trialist) (61)
(59) Mehmet Welsh (Trialist)
(73) Tod Doyle (64)
Langfield Halliwell
(59) Labonte Ferry (Trialist) (46)
(73) Lyle McKeever (74)
(59) Donnelly Bradley (61)

Hide Match Report

The selection of four second half substitutes ensured that Manager Billy Reid was able to judge the abilities of some trialists as well as the improving abilities of some of Clyde's existing youngsters.

Not making an appearance on Dunfermline's Astroturf pitch were some of Clyde's bigger names and no doubt they will all feature in next Wednesday's friendly at Broadwood against Macclesfield Town.

Throughout the game, last year's Scottish Cup Finalists found it a difficult task to make chances or breach Clyde's defence. Half-way through the first half their own defence began to look less than reliable and it really wasn't a surprise when, in the thirty-second minute, Clyde's Craig Bryson took advantage of a poor pass back, rounded the home keeper and slipped the ball in at the left post.

The Clyde goal ensured that the remainder of the first half was dominated by Dunfermline's efforts to gain an equaliser but the Broadwood defence looked well up to the task, and the first forty-five minutes ended with the Bully Wee leading 1-0.

A minute before the break Clyde had conceded a penalty when Simon Mensing was adjudged to have handled the ball. Clyde's first half efforts were rewarded when trialist keeper Kevin Bell stopped the ball with his legs as he dived to his right.

The pattern of play remained unchanged in the second half with the SPL team having most of the pressure, without looking over-dangerous. On the other hand Clyde's exuberant young team continued to carry the threat of breaking away to score a conclusive second as the game headed towards the final whistle.

It nearly came in the ninetieth minute when Mark Gilraney, from keeper Bell's throw-out, raced upfield and laid the ball off to David Greenhill, whose shot was well saved by Langfield in the Dunfermline goal.

Two minutes later Clyde were denied victory when the East End Park outfit levelled the game with a curled free kick from Dempsey.