Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic 0 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish Cup
Venue: New Dundas Park
Date: Saturday, 18th January 2020
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 2,213
Referee: P Stuart
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic


Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic   Clyde
  Love (80)

Hide Line-ups

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic   Clyde
Weir Mitchell
Horne Lang Yellow Card
Moyes McNiff
(85) Martynuik Howie (69) Yellow Card
Brett Rumsby
Yellow Card (79) S Gray Grant Yellow Card
Yellow Card Stewart Smith (90)
Currie Cuddihy Yellow Card
Brown Goodwillie
McGachie Lamont
(79) Hunter Wylde (71)
Yellow Card (79) Turner Love (71)
Andrews McGee
(79) R Gray Wallace (69)
(85) Docherty Johnston
Devlin Lyon
Baur McMullin (90)

Hide Match Report

A late goal from Ally Love settled this afternoon's William Hill Scottish Cup tie against Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic and sent The Bully Wee into tomorrow's fifth round draw.

Gregg Wylde was given his first Clyde start and he was joined by Tom Lang who returned to the club this week. Darren Smith and fit again Craig Howie were also brought back into the starting lineup by Danny Lennon.

The hosts had the first chance at a packed New Dundas Park, when ex-Clyde striker Kieran McGachie got on the end of a cross into the box, but his header went narrowly over the bar.

Referee Peter Stuart, who awarded several trivial free-kicks throughout the game despite minimal physical contact, bizarrely failed to point to the spot when Barry Cuddihy knocked the ball past an opponent in the box before being crudely bodychecked.

David Mitchell did well to hold a shot from Scott Gray, whilst at the other end Clyde's first real effort came through David Goodwillie, but his goalbound overhead kick was blocked on the line by a Rose defender.

The sides went into the interval on level terms but Clyde had two chances in quick succession just after the restart. Craig Howie was found from a corner but his shot from the middle of the box was blocked and the rebound fell to Tom Lang who tried an effort which suffered the same fate.

The heavy pitch began to cut up as the game went on and Clyde took their time to adapt to the surface. The Rose had chances through McGachie and Ewan Moyes, but Mitchell made superb saves and tipped their respective snapshot and header over the bar.

Ally Love was introduced from the bench and he would prove to be the match winner. Darren Smith whipped a cross into the box but Love's header was held by Mark Weir, before he beat the 'keeper with ten minutes remaining.

The ball was played to Love in the middle of the box and he initially lost his footing on the slippy park, before regaining his composure and firing a shot into the net off the post, in front of a large and noisy travelling support.

The game should have been put to bed when Love broke free and could have squared the ball for Goodwillie to finish, but he decided to go himself and took a heavy touch and the chance was lost.

Bonnyrigg threw men forward in the final stages in an attempt to force a replay but The Bully Wee defence stood strong to protect their lead and clean sheet. 

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights