Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 v 0 Clyde

Match Type: Challenge Cup
Venue: Caledonian Stadium
Date: Saturday, 16th November 2019
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 1,066
Referee: G Ross
Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Hide Line-ups

Inverness Caledonian Thistle   Clyde
Ridgers Mitchell
McKay Duffie Yellow Card
Donaldson McNiff
McCart Howie
Tremarco Rumsby
Storey Grant
Vincent Wallace Yellow Card
(81) Trafford McStay
Doran Smith (72)
(63) Curry Cuddihy
(70) White Lyon (83)
(63) Keatings Allison
MacKay McGee
Yellow Card (81) Carson McMullin (83)
(70) Todorov McNiven
Harper Lamont (72)

Hide Match Report

A depleted Bully Wee team were knocked out of the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup on penalties this afternoon, after a spirited and encouraging performance against Championship side Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

David Goodwillie and Chris Johnston were the latest players to join the growing injury list, with Kieran Duffie, Craig Howie, Tony Wallace and Darren Smith coming into the starting line-up. Liam Allison and Mark Lamont dropped to the bench, where they were joined by recent additions Michael McMullin and Luke McNiven.

The hosts came close to opening the scoring when a dangerous cross found Jordan White in the middle of the box, but the header from the ex-Clyde striker went just over the bar.

Mitch Curry then had a chance after being played in behind the Clyde defence but dragged his effort across the face of goal.

Clyde's best chance of the first-half came after Ross Lyon won possession and played a through ball to Darren Smith. His low drive on target was spilt by 'keeper Mark Ridgers, but he recovered in time to gather the ball.

The Bully Wee improved after half-time and had the better of the second half. Tony Wallace found space in the box but his shot was straight at Ridgers, and moments later found himself on the end of a long throw across the area, but hooked his effort wide.

Ridgers was then at full stretch to deny Chris McStay a wonderstrike, getting fingertips to his effort from 25 yards out that looked destined for the top corner.

Mitchell was called into action in the final few minutes to deny the hosts after a spate of corners, whilst Clyde came close again in stoppage time through debutant Michael McMullin, but his shot was held by Ridgers.

The tie was then decided by penalties, which were taken in front of the 126 Bully Wee fans who made the long trip north. Inverness were clinical and made no mistake with their four spot kicks. Ray Grant and McMullin converted their attempts for Clyde, but Wallace and McStay saw their penalties saved by Ridgers, which meant The Caley Jags progressed to the semi-finals.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips