Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Raith Rovers 1 v 0 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League One
Venue: Starks Park
Date: Saturday, 22nd February 2020
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 1,527
Referee: M Roncone
Raith Rovers


Raith Rovers   Clyde
(78) MacLean  

Hide Line-ups

Raith Rovers   Clyde
Thomson Mitchell
MacDonald Howie
Davidson Livingstone
Benedictus McNiff
Hendry Lang
Matthews Grant
MacLean Cunningham
McKay McStay (76)
(58) Tait Goodwillie
(59) Bowie Lamont
(69) Baird Love (79) Yellow Card
Miller Rumsby
Munro McGee
(69) Dingwall Rankin (76)
Anderson Lyon
(58) Spencer Wylde (79)
Watson Smith
(59) Armstrong Cuddihy

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee turned in a much improved performance at Starks Park today but were unable to take their chances to halt a recent run of losses, with table topping Raith Rovers claiming all three points thanks to a late goal.

Danny Lennon made four changes to the side that lost to Airdrie last Saturday, with Martin McNiff, Tom Lang, Chris McStay and Mark Lamont coming into the starting XI.

The first chance of afternoon fell to Ross Cunningham after he made space for himself on the edge of the Raith box, but his shot went narrowly over the bar.

David Goodwillie was then played through by Mark Lamont but his effort was just off target too, before Chris McStay cracked the post with an well struck shot from distance.

Cunningham had another chance after Lamont threaded him through but he slipped just before making contact with the ball, which was blazed over the bar.

Ally Love then had a long range shot saved before the hosts had their first opportunity through John Baird, but his low drive went just wide of the post.

Steven MacLean hammered a free-kick from the edge of the box towards goal, but this also ended up narrowly wide as the first-half drew to a close.

Into the second half and Clyde continued their pressure on the Raith goal with Goodwillie teeing up Love on the edge of the box, who rifled a shot to the left of Robbie Thomson's post.

Thomson then saved shots from Cunningham and Goodwillie, and David Mitchell was also in good form at the other end, after Dan Armstrong cut inside and let fly from distance, but Clyde's number 1 got both hands to parry it away.

Ross Matthews sliced a shot wide after getting on the end of a cross, before the pivotal moment came with 12 minutes remaining. Armstrong hit a low cross across the face of goal and MacLean was on hand at the back post to tap into the net.

The Bully Wee had a golden chance to equalise in the last minute after Goodwillie took the ball past Kyle Benedictus out wide and sent it into the middle of the penalty area with John Rankin running onto it. His powerful low drive was superbly saved by Thomson and was cleared to safety, as the hosts hung on to retain their place at the top of the league.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights