Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Forfar Athletic 2 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League One
Venue: Station Park
Date: Saturday, 1st February 2020
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 566
Referee: M Roncone
Forfar Athletic


Forfar Athletic   Clyde
(19) Kirkpatrick Cuddihy (52)
(55) Kirkpatrick  

Hide Line-ups

Forfar Athletic   Clyde
McCallum Mitchell
Meechan Howie
Bain McNiff
Whyte Lang
Travis Rumsby (68)
Irvine Grant
Yellow Card (81) Leitch Wylde (46)
(87) Tapping Lamont
(77) Doris Goodwillie
Kirkpatrick Cuddihy
Barr Love (46)
Coll McMullin
McGuff McGee
(87) Robertson Johnston (46)
(81) MacKintosh Rankin (68)
Shanley McStay
(77) Aitken Lyon
Smith (46)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee's poor record against teams in the bottom half of the Ladbrokes League 1 table continued with a defeat in Forfar this afternoon.

Danny Lennon made one change to the side that beat East Fife last week, with Barry Cuddihy returning from suspension to replace Chris Johnston.

The hosts took an 19th minute lead after some pinball in the Clyde box. Whilst some home players stopped to appeal for handball, the ball was played through to Jordan Kirkpatrick, who scored from close range.

Bobby Barr then had his shot from the edge of the box held by David Mitchell, and at the other end Marc McCallum had to get down low and push Ally Love's snapshot from Mark Lamont's cross behind.

Chris Johnston and Darren Smith were brought on at half-time and both made an instant impact as Clyde looked dangerous from the off. Johnston jinked through the Forfar defence but saw his effort blocked by McCallum and then Lamont's rebound was headed behind for a corner, from which Tom Lang also had a header saved.

The equaliser came seven minutes after the restart when Johnston's cross across goal was met by Smith. His goalbound header was blocked but Forfar could only clear to Barry Cuddihy, who rifled the ball into the net.

The Loons were back in front just three minutes later. Kirkpatrick took advantage of poor defending and ran through a gap in the Clyde backline before slotting beyond Mitchell.

Forfar came close to adding to their lead through Robbie Leitch, but his drive from outside the box flashed across goal and ended on the wrong side of the post.

The Bully Wee pushed for an equaliser late on and had the ball in the net after a goalmouth scramble, but the referee had already blown his whistle for handball.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights