Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 2 Peterhead

Match Type: Scottish League One
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 9th November 2019
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 649
Referee: C Fordyce


Clyde   Peterhead
(78) Rumsby McAllister (22)
  McAllister (30)

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Peterhead
Mitchell Fleming
Cuddihy Stevenson
(46) Allison J Brown
McNiff Hooper
Rumsby Boyle Yellow Card
Yellow Card Grant Fraser (72)
Lyon Ferry
Yellow Card McStay S Brown
(46) Goodwillie Conroy (83)
Lamont Leitch Yellow Card
(66) Johnston McAllister (80)
(46) Duffie Eadie
McGee Wilson
Yellow Card (66) Wallace Dunlop
(46) Smith Smith (72)
Ferguson (83)
Lyle (80)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee paid the price for another poor first-half performance at Broadwood, as Peterhead recorded a 2-1 victory this afternoon.

Danny Lennon made two changes to the side that lost at Stranraer last Saturday, with Liam Allison replacing the injured Craig Howie, and Barry Cuddihy coming in for Tony Wallace.

Rory McAllister had a good opportunity to open the scoring but he dragged his effort wide. He made no mistake a few minutes later however, after playing a one-two and drilling an effort past David Mitchell from the edge of the box.

The closest Clyde came in a disappointing first-half was through Ross Lyon, when his cross was tipped onto the bar by Greg Fleming, and then cleared off the line by a defender.

On the half-hour mark The Blue Toon doubled their advantage after Clyde failed to clear their lines and McAllister slotted home his second of the afternoon from close range.

McAllister should have bagged a first-half hat-trick when Jamie Stevenson fizzed a cross across the box leaving the striker with an empty goal to tap into, but he thighed the ball over the bar.

The Bully Wee came out in the second half looking more fired up but found their momentum halted at most turns by the visitors, with referee Chris Fordyce failing to clamp down on a series of cynical fouls. Clyde also lost the influence of Chris Johnston due to injury following a brutal lunge by Pat Boyle, which Fordyce eventually decided was only worthy of a yellow card.

Clyde pulled a goal back with 12 minutes remaining after Ray Grant floated a free-kick from the middle of the park into the box. Peterhead 'keeper Fleming came off his line for the ball but got nowhere near it, and Scott Rumsby (pictured) headed it into the unguarded net.

The Bully Wee tried to rally in the closing stages but were unable to force an equaliser, with another cross from Lyon clipping the crossbar.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips