Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Stranraer 3 v 0 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League One
Venue: Stair Park
Date: Saturday, 2nd November 2019
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 418
Referee: D Dickinson


Stranraer   Clyde
(6) Cummins  
(39) Robertson  
pen. (90) Stewart  

Hide Line-ups

Stranraer   Clyde
Currie Mitchell
Robertson Lyon
Yellow Card Allan McNiff
Cummins Howie Yellow Card
(32) Hamilton Rumsby
McManus Grant
Pignatiello Johnston
Hilton McStay (59) Yellow Card
Yellow Card Stirling Goodwillie
(68) Dangana Lamont (76)
(74) Thomson Wallace (59)
(74) Stewart Allison (76)
Burgess McGee
Murphy Duffie
I Smith Smith (59)
(68) Elliot Cuddihy (59)
D Smith
(32) Hamill

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee lost on the road for the first time since August after going down 3-0 to Stranraer this afternoon.

Danny Lennon made two changes to the side that won at Falkirk last Saturday, with Chris McStay and Tony Wallace replacing Barry Cuddihy and Ally Love.

The hosts took a 6th minute lead when Adam Cummins rose highest to head home a deep corner kick.

Clyde had chances to equalise with Max Currie blocking an effort from David Goodwillie and then parrying a Martin McNiff header from a corner.

He was called into action again after Chris Johnston played Goodwillie in behind the home defence and tipped the striker's effort over the bar.

Cummins had the ball in the net again in similar circumstances, but referee David Dickonson chalked it off for a push.

Stranraer did grab a second goal however six minutes before the interval, when the ball was played back to Scott Robertson on the corner of the box. He rifled a shot through a crowd of players and into the corner of the net.

The Bully Wee had two good opportunities to pull a goal back in the second half. The first saw Robertson making a sliding goal-line clearance to deny Goodwillie from a narrow angle after he rounded Currie, and the second chance also came the way of Goodwillie moments later after being played through by Johnston again. Currie however made another block to frustrate the Clyde captain.

The result was put beyond doubt as the game went into stoppage time after Craig Howie tripped Mark Stewart in the box. Stewart took the penalty himself and sent David Mitchell the wrong way to put the icing on the cake.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips