Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Dumbarton 1 v 2 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League One
Venue: C&G Systems Stadium
Date: Saturday, 28th September 2019
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 851
Referee: S Reid


Dumbarton   Clyde
(42) Crossan McStay (61)
  Johnston (75)

Hide Line-ups

Dumbarton   Clyde
Brennan Mitchell
(77) Quitongo Cuddihy
Yellow Card Langan McNiff Yellow Card
Neill Howie
Carswell Rumsby
McCluskey Grant Yellow Card
McKee Johnston (79)
Tumilty McStay
Layne Smith
(59) McGeever Lamont (90)
(90) Crossan Love (56)
Crawford Wallace (79)
Pettigrew McGee
(59) Shiels Petkov (56)
Hutton Duffie (90)
(77) Tierney Allison
(90) Scullion

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee secured an excellent away victory in Ladbrokes League 1 today, thanks to a second half comeback at Dumbarton.

Danny Lennon made one change to the starting line-up following last week's draw at Peterhead, with Darren Smith replacing the suspended David Goodwillie.

Clyde started the match brightly and, following a strong early claim for a penalty, Darren Smith forced Conor Brennan into a good save with a high shot from the edge of the box.

Smith then had another chance with a back-post header, before David Mitchell pulled off a fine low stop to deny Ruaridh Langan at the other end.

As the first half progressed, the home side began to get more into the match and got the opening goal shortly before half-time. PJ Crossan managed to get away from Barry Cuddihy and Chris Johnston on the left wing and, after working his way into the box, he slotted a low shot past Mitchell to make it 1-0.

Early in the second half, ex-Clyde man Stefan McCluskey tried a shot from the edge of the box, but Mitchell pushed it away comfortably.

A defensive mistake by Dumbarton then offered a chance to Smith to equalise but, after cutting inside, his low shot was blocked by Brennan from close range.

As The Bully Wee pushed closer to levelling the scores, Martin McNiff was denied at the back-post, but a goal did arrive after 61 minutes. Chris Johnston's free-kick was partially cleared to the edge of the box and Chris McStay found the net with a low drive, via a slight deflection.

With Clyde in the ascendancy again, Smith had another chance in front of goal which was saved.

On 75 minutes, a Clyde corner led to the winning goal. McNiff kept the ball alive with his head, before Craig Howie set up Johnston and the winger accurately found the bottom corner, sparking a big celebration in front of the away support.

Mark Lamont almost sealed the victory when his shot hit the outside of the post, but The Sons did come close to grabbing a point in the final seconds, with Langan unable to divert the ball on target from close range following a cross from the right.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights