Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 0 Falkirk

Match Type: Scottish League One
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 24th August 2019
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 2,408
Referee: D Lowe


Clyde   Falkirk
(34) Lamont  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Falkirk
Mitchell Bell
Howie Doyle (74)
McNiff Dixon
Petkov Buchanan
Rumsby Gomis Yellow Card
Yellow Card Grant McManus
Lyon Tidser (46)
(85) McStay Longridge (46)
Goodwillie Toshney
(87) Lamont Sammon
(66) Love Telfer Yellow Card
(85) Wallace Durnan
McGee Mutch
(66) Smith Connolly (46)
(87) Johnston McShane
Johnstone (74)
MacLean (46)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee produced a superb team performance at Broadwood today, to register a 1-0 win over promotion favourites Falkirk in Ladbrokes League 1.

Craig Howie, Chris McStay and Ally Love all returned to the starting line-up, as Danny Lennon made changes to the shape and structure of the team following last week's match at Airdrie.

In a fairly even start to the contest, Chris McStay saw his effort comfortably held by Cammy Bell, before Charlie Telfer forced David Mitchell into action at the other end.

Morgaro Gomis then saw his shot from outside the box deflected on its way over the bar. At the other end, determination by Ally Love and Mark Lamont set up David Goodwillie, but excellent defending prevented the forward getting a shot on target.

A couple of minutes after that chance, Goodwillie found himself with possession in the Falkirk box again, but this time he set up Mark Lamont who took full advantage with a neat finish to make it 1-0.

The Bairns had a decent chance to level just before half-time, but Louis Longridge couldn't keep his shot down.

Early in the second half, a nice piece of skill by Lamont nearly opened up the visiting defence, but the midfielder's cross was blocked before it reached the waiting Goodwillie.

With over an hour played, Falkirk substitute Ross MacLean was given a sight of goal on the right-hand side of midfield, but his effort on goal missed the target.

Although the onus was on the visitors to push for an equaliser, The Bully Wee remained a threat and Goodwillie saw his low cross evade Darren Smith at the back post, before the striker's spectacular overhead kick was saved low by Bell.

Spurred on by a fully engaged home support, Clyde battled to see out the closing minutes of the game to secure the win and limited The Bairns to one more clear chance, which came in injury time. A delivery to the edge of the box broke to Declan McManus in front of goal, but Mitchell rushed from his line to produce a superb save from close range and the full-time whistle soon followed.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights