Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic 1 v 2 Clyde

Match Type: Friendly
Venue: New Dundas Park
Date: Saturday, 13th July 2019
Kick Off: 2:00pm
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic


Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic   Clyde
(27) Hunter McNiff (75)
  Fitzpatrick (89)

Hide Line-ups

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic   Clyde
Weir Mitchell
Brown Duffie
Young McNiff
Moyes Howie
Horne Rumsby
Stewart McStay
McGachie Lamont
Currie Wallace
Gray Syvertsen
Martyniuk Johnston
Hunter Smith
Turner Grant
Trialist McGee
Docherty Fitzpatrick
Trialist Cuddihy
Trialist Allison (Trialist)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee ended their pre-season fixture schedule with a 2-1 win away at Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic this afternoon.

Bonnyrigg almost took the lead soon after kick-off, as former Clyde striker Kieren McGachie found himself with the ball and saw David Mitchell off his line, but his long-range lob went narrowly over. 

The hosts did get the opener soon afterwards, when Clyde failed to deal with an excellent cross to the back post and George Hunter volleyed low across Mitchell and into the corner of the net.

Clyde almost equalised straight away as the ball fell to Ray Grant at the edge of the box and his powerful volley flew into the net, However, after consulting the linesman, the referee ruled out the goal for offside. Kieran Duffie also had a chance to level the score as he cut inside, but the 'keeper did well to tip his effort wide of the goal. 

After the break, Clyde had the better chances but couldn’t find a finishing touch as Johnston hit the crossbar and Syvertsen was inches away from tapping the ball into the net from a cross.

Martin McNiff eventually got the equaliser on 75 minutes, when he rose highest from a corner to nod the ball into the goal. 

Late in the game, Declan Fitzpatrick saw his deflected shot hit the post but he soon got the winner. David Goodwillie drove forward with the ball and laid off Fitzpatrick, who finished well.

In injury time, Fitzpatrick then saw another effort tipped onto the bar, before the referee blew his whistle for full-time.