Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Partick Thistle 3 v 2 Clyde

Match Type: League Cup
Venue: Firhill Stadium
Date: Wednesday, 24th July 2019
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Attendance: 2,403
Referee: K Graham
Partick Thistle


Partick Thistle   Clyde
(12) Gordon Wallace (25)
(49) Miller Bannigan (65) O.G.
(60) Gordon  

Hide Line-ups

Partick Thistle   Clyde
Fox Mitchell
Williamson Cuddihy (76)
Saunders McNiff
McGinty Howie
Robson Rumsby Yellow Card
(46) Palmer Grant
Bannigan Duffie
(87) De Vita Wallace
Gordon Goodwillie (63)
(67) Mansell Johnston
Yellow Card Cardle Syvertsen (63)
(46) Miller Smith (63)
Sneddon McGee
(67) Jones Lamont (76)
(87) Wilson McStay
Niang Fitzpatrick (63)
Galasso Lyon

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee suffered another narrow defeat in the Betfred Cup this evening, going down at the home of old rivals Partick Thistle.

Danny Lennon made three changes to the side from Sunday's game against Airdrieonians, with Kieran Duffie, Tony Wallace and David Goodwillie starting in place of Mark Lamont, Chris McStay and Darren Smith.

Barry Cuddihy was the first player to try his luck with an effort from distance which Scott Fox had to get down low to parry.

David Mitchell then made a fine stop at the other end to deny Raffa De Vita.

The Jags took the lead with just 12 minutes played after a deep cross from the right found Shea Gordon, and he placed his header back across goal and into the net.

The Bully Wee equalised in the 25th minute when a pinpoint corner from Chris Johnston was met by Tony Wallace, who lost his marker and powered a header past Fox from 12 yards.

In first half stoppage time Mitchell made another good save, tipping De Vita's drive behind for a corner.

Kenny Miller was introduced at half-time for the hosts and it took him just four minutes to get on the scoresheet. He flicked a header from a inviting free-kick towards goal, though the ball then took a significant touch from Kieran Duffie before it went past Mitchell.

Miller came close with another header moments later but this time Mitchell made a superb reflex save to stop the ball crossing the line.

Fox had to tip a whipped cross from Johnston onto his bar, before a third goal came the way of The Jags just after the hour mark. Ryan Williamson slid a low ball across the box and Gordon provided the finishing touch.

The Bully Wee got a goal back in calamitous fashion when Thistle midfielder Stuart Bannigan overhit a wayward pass back to his goalkeeper. Fox scrambled and tried to clear the ball before it crossed the line but the assistant referee signalled for a goal, to make the last quarter interesting.

Johnston came within a whisker again, but his curled effort from the corner of box went narrowly past the post.

Backed by a large and noisy support, Clyde spent most of the remaining minutes in the Thistle half looking for an equaliser but were ultimately unable to find it.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery