Clyde FC
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Edinburgh City 0 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League One
Venue: Ainslie Park
Date: Tuesday, 7th May 2019
Kick Off: 7:45pm
Attendance: 617
Referee: B Cook
Edinburgh City


Edinburgh City   Clyde
  Syvertsen (15)

Hide Line-ups

Edinburgh City   Clyde
Antell Currie
Thomson Duffie
Yellow Card Donaldson McNiff
Balatoni Lang
McIntyre Rumsby
Watson Grant (72) Yellow Card
Walker Lamont (88)
Laird McStay
(68) Breen Goodwillie Yellow Card
(85) Taylor Syvertsen (80)
Shepherd Love
Rodger Nicoll (72)
Morton Hughes
(68) Newman Lyon
Lumsden Banks (80)
Neave Cogill
(85) Diver Boyle
Shaw Stewart (88)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee will take a slender lead into Saturday's Ladbrokes League 1 play-off semi-final second leg against Edinburgh City, thanks to an early goal from Kristoffer Syvertsen at Ainslie Park this evening.

The Norwegian forward was one of two changes Danny Lennon made to the side, with Kieran Duffie also returning to the starting line-up, in place of Barry Cuddihy and Kevin Nicoll.

The hosts had the first opportunity when Conrad Balatoni was found from a free-kick, but he watched his header cannon off the crossbar.

Clyde took the lead with a quarter of an hour played after David Goodwillie latched on to Ally Love's ball in behind the City defence. The striker cut inside and slipped the ball to Syvertsen in the centre of the box, who took a touch to compose himself and fired past Callum Antell.

Syvertsen had another chance shortly after when he got on the end of Martin McNiff's low cross, but he blazed his effort well over.

Love was the next to try his luck, when he unleashed a thunderous strike from distance. Antell however got the slightest of fingertips to tip the ball over the bar.

The second half was a cagey affair with Clyde protecting their lead, but The Citizens had three golden chances in the last 15 minutes which were all passed up.

Josh Walker saw his powerful strike from outside the box parried by Currie. Scott Shepherd was first to react to the rebound but with an open goal at his mercy, he could only direct his effort onto the bar and out of play.

Shepherd was then played in behind the Bully Wee defence moments later and found himself one-on-one with Currie, but Scott Rumsby was able to recover and put pressure on the striker as he got his shot away, which this time clipped the post.

In stoppage time the Clyde rearguard switched off momentarily as Edinburgh City took a quick free-kick to Shepherd, but from a good position he was unable to find the target again, dragging his shot across the face of Currie's goal.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights