Clyde FC
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Cowdenbeath 2 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Central Park
Date: Saturday, 4th May 2019
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 1,007
Referee: C Steven


Cowdenbeath   Clyde
(38) Pyper McNiff (57)
(64) Miller  

Hide Line-ups

Cowdenbeath   Clyde
McGurn Currie
Yellow Card Mullen Cuddihy (67)
Yellow Card Todd McNiff
Pyper Lang
Yellow Card Bollan Rumsby Yellow Card
Malcolm Grant
Yellow Card Cox Lamont
Miller McStay
Allan Goodwillie
(90) Buchanan Nicoll (57)
Fraser Love (57)
(90) Swann Stewart
Lennox Hughes
Sheerin Lyon
Sneddon Banks (57)
Connelly Cogill (67)
Renton Boyle
Syvertsen (57)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee fell to a defeat at Central Park this afternoon on the last day of the regular Ladbrokes League 2 season, and will now meet Edinburgh City on Tuesday in the first leg of the playoff semi-final.

Danny Lennon made one enforced change to the side, with club captain Kevin Nicoll taking the place of the injured John Rankin.

Clyde's first effort on goal came through David Goodwillie. Martin McNiff's long throw into the box was flicked on by Scott Rumsby but Goodwillie didn't have time to react, and could only direct his header into the hands of David McGurn.

The Blue Brazil took the lead in the 38th minute when Jamie Pyper headed home a corner kick from close range.

A few moments later Cowden defender Jamie Todd completely misjudged a header in the box and ended up punching the ball out of play. Astonishingly referee Colin Steven failed to point to the spot, and assistant Andy Milne, despite having a clear unimpeded view of the handball signalled only for a corner.

Clyde were level twelve minutes after the restart. The ball fell to Martin McNiff in the box, and he hooked a shot past McGurn for his 11th goal of the campaign, the most ever scored by a Bully Wee defender in a season.

Cowdenbeath regained the lead seven minutes later following a counter attack, with Kyle Miller firing past Blair Currie to finish off the move.

The Bully Wee were unable to find a way back into the game, with a late goalbound effort from Scott Banks being blocked by the body of a home defender.

Peterhead's victory at Hampden meant they were crowned Ladbrokes League 2 champions, regardless of the final score from Central Park.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery