Clyde FC
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 0 Edinburgh City

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 2nd March 2019
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 844
Referee: L Wilson
Edinburgh City


Clyde   Edinburgh City
pen. (50) Goodwillie  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Edinburgh City
Currie Antell
Stewart Thomson Yellow Card
McNiff Balatoni
Yellow Card Yellow Card Lang L Henderson
Rumsby McIntyre
Grant Black Yellow Card
(46) Duffie Laird
McStay Walker (76)
Goodwillie Taylor (83)
Rankin Shepherd (83)
Lamont B Henderson
Lyon Smith (76)
Hughes Morton
(46) Banks Rodger
Boyle Donaldson
Love Watson (83)
Diver (83)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee moved into second place in the Ladbrokes League 2 table this afternoon, following an important 1-0 victory over promotion rivals Edinburgh City at Broadwood. 

Danny Lennon brought Mark Lamont and Chris McStay back into the side, and was forced into another late change when Barry Cuddihy picked up an injury in the warm-up, with Jordan Stewart being promoted to the starting line-up in his place.

Clyde started the game brightly and had three good chances within the opening fifteen minutes, the first of which saw Chris McStay's header from a John Rankin cross come back off the post.

Ray Grant came close when the ball fell to him inside the box, but his curling effort went across the face of goal and just past the post.

Mark Lamont then sent a teasing cross into the six-yard box which Martin McNiff stretched to get on the end of, but his effort went over the bar.

Kieran Duffie, who picked up a knock towards the end of the first-half, was replaced by Scott Banks at the interval, and the on-loan youngster played an important part in the winning goal. Deep inside his own half, he sent a ball up the line for David Goodwillie who took it in his stride and cut into the box, where he was impeded by Liam Henderson. Referee Lloyd Wilson had no hesitation in pointing to the spot, and Goodwillie dusted himself down to beat Callum Antell from 12 yards for the only goal of the game.

The Bully Wee were then dealt a blow in the 64th minute when Tom Lang picked up a second yellow card and a subsequent red for a foul on Scott Shepherd. The visitors however were not happy with the referee, believing he should have allowed an advantage to be played as they broke into the box.

Despite having the numerical advantage, Edinburgh City created very little in the way of clear cut chances, resorting to long balls which the Clyde defence dealt with comfortably.

McStay then had a chance to double the lead when he gained possession in his own half and went on a mazy run, with only a weak finish letting him down. It didn't prove to be costly though, as The Bully Wee held on for a deserved three points.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights