Clyde FC
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 0 Cowdenbeath

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 26th January 2019
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 604
Referee: C Napier


Clyde   Cowdenbeath
(66) Grant  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Cowdenbeath
Currie McGurn
Cuddihy Mullen Yellow Card
(62) Stewart Talbot Yellow Card
Lang Deas
Rumsby Pyper
Grant Miller
(76) Boyle Cox (69) Yellow Card
Rankin Allan (83) Yellow Card
Syvertsen Renton
McStay Fraser
(76) Lamont Buchanan (83)
(76) Nicoll Scott (83)
Hughes Goodfellow
(76) Lyon Sheerin
Duffie Marsh
McNiff Swan
(62) Love Henvey (69)
Cogill Malcolm (83)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee's winning run continued at Broadwood today, with a hard-earned victory over Cowdenbeath in Ladbrokes League 2.

Danny Lennon made one enforced change to the starting line-up following the match against Berwick Rangers, with Kristoffer Syvertsen replacing the injured David Goodwillie up front.

John Rankin was the first player to try his luck, but his goalbound effort was blocked by a defender, whilst at the other end Barry Cuddihy was in the right place to stop a header from a Cowdenbeath corner on the line.

Kristoffer Syvertsen then came close with a powerful header from the centre of the box which went narrowly wide. The Norwegian forward was later played through on goal by Rankin but the ball got stuck under his feet, and The Blue Brazil were able to clear.

David Cox came close to opening the scoring just after the interval but his effort flashed across goal and past the post.

Syvertsen then tested David McGurn, hammering an effort through a sea of bodies in the area, but the Cowden 'keeper was able to get both hands behind the shot to parry it away.

The decisive moment came in the 66th minute when Jack Boyle, on the edge of the area, dinked a ball to the back post. Ray Grant timed his run to perfection and got on the end of it to slot past McGurn, bagging his first goal in Clyde colours. 

Chris McStay then had an opportunity to double the advantage with the goal at his mercy, but sliced his shot wide.

Blair Currie was called into action for the first time as the match entered stoppage time, holding on to Robbie Deas' header from a corner.

The Bully Wee saw the game out in a professional manner and with results elsewhere also going in their favour, the gap to the top of the table was cut to just three points.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights