Clyde FC
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Peterhead 1 v 2 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Balmoor Stadium
Date: Saturday, 5th January 2019
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 754
Referee: G Beaton


Peterhead   Clyde
(29) Dow Love (85)
  Lamont (86)

Hide Line-ups

Peterhead   Clyde
Fleming Currie
Boyle Cuddihy
Eadie Stewart (63)
Dunlop Rumsby
Stevenson Cogill (34)
Ferry Grant
Brown Boyle (63)
(67) Leitch Rankin
(76) Dow Goodwillie
W Gibson McStay
(76) McAllister Lamont Yellow Card
(76) Brown Nicoll
R Gibson Hughes
Yellow Card (76) McLean Lyon
Home Lang (34)
(67) Lyle Duffie
Love (63)
Syvertsen (63)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee's unbeaten run continued at Balmoor Stadium today, as a late two-goal comeback earned a superb victory in the Ladbrokes League 2 promotion race.

Danny Lennon named the same starting line-up - and bench - as last week's win over Queen's Park.

In an even first half, it was a defensive mix-up between 'keeper Blair Currie and Jordan Stewart which let Ryan Dow in for a tap in on 29 minutes, to put the home side ahead.

Earlier, Jack Boyle, put through by David Goodwillie, had forced a corner when through on Greg Fleming. Goodwillie was also given a sight of goal after a delightful through ball by Chris McStay, but the home goalkeeper again intervened to foil the Clyde striker.

The Bully Wee suffered a blow on 34 minutes when Dylan Cogill limped off. Tom Lang came on to replace him in the centre of defence and went on to grab his chance with an assured performance.

After the restart, Clyde showed their intent, taking the game to Peterhead and on the hour mark Mark Lamont saw his shot graze the post.

Danny Lennon then made a double switch to increase the pressure on the Blue Toon, with Ally Love and Kristoffer Syverston coming on for Jordan Stewart and Jack Boyle.

With the game entering the final five minutes, Clyde's dominance of possession was finally rewarded when Love equalised, pouncing on a Goodwillie shot that had rebounded off the post.

To complete a fantastic turnaround, just 60 seconds later Lamont fired home the winner - and his first goal of the season - at the end of another of Clyde's attacking surges during the second half.

The final whistle confirmed an important and well-earned victory and also a long overdue first ever league win for the club at Balmoor.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights