Clyde FC
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Cowdenbeath 1 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Central Park
Date: Saturday, 8th December 2018
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 373
Referee: C Graham


Cowdenbeath   Clyde
(52) Allan Rankin (17)

Hide Line-ups

Cowdenbeath   Clyde
McGurn Currie
Mullen Cuddihy
Yellow Card Talbot Rankin
Marsh Rumsby
Deas Cogill
Miller Grant
(84) Cox Syvertsen (66)
(41) Malcolm Nicoll Yellow Card
Renton Goodwillie
Yellow Card Fraser McStay
(46) Skelly Lamont (85)
(84) Pyper Stewart
Goodfellow Hughes
Fotheringham Love
(46) Swann Lang
(41) Allan Belmokhtar (85)
Sheerin Boyle (66)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee had a disappointing afternoon at Cowdenbeath in Ladbrokes League 2 today, despite a bright start.

Danny Lennon made one change to his starting line-up following last week's draw with Berwick, with Scott Rumsby replacing the injured Martin McNiff in central defence.

Clyde started the match on the front foot and came close to an early goal, when Mark Lamont's free-kick from 25 yards hit the post.

After 17 minutes, a deserved opening goal did arrive and it was worth waiting for. A nice team move from the back led to David Goodwillie being given the ball on the left wing and he picked out John Rankin at the edge of the box, with the midfielder sweeping the ball home with a stylish first time shot.

The visitors rarely threatened during the first half, but they did come close once when a set piece resulted in David Marsh having a headed effort, but it drifted wide.

Just before the break, Clyde were a bit unlucky not to score again when Barry Cuddihy connected well with a volley, but it went straight at home 'keeper David McGurn.

Early in the second half, Rankin tried his luck from just outside the box, but his curling shot just missed the target.

On 52 minutes, the home side got on level terms. Some sloppy defending by Clyde - failing to clear the ball fully - eventually gave Jordan Allan a sight of goal from close range and he made no mistake to make it 1-1.

The Blue Brazil then had a good chance to take the lead, but another header by Marsh went wide of the post.

The closing half an hour or so of the match petered out, with neither side looking likely to score, and Goodwillie's shot from distance was the best The Bully Wee could do in search of a win.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights