Clyde FC
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Edinburgh City 0 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Ainslie Park
Date: Saturday, 3rd November 2018
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 376
Referee: C Steven
Edinburgh City


Edinburgh City   Clyde
  Rankin (34)

Hide Line-ups

Edinburgh City   Clyde
Antell Currie
Yellow Card Thomson Cuddihy
Balatoni Rankin
Rodger McNiff
McIntyre Cogill
Yellow Card (71) Smith Grant
Yellow Card Black Lamont (89)
(81) L Henderson Nicoll
Taylor Goodwillie
Shepherd McStay Yellow Card
B Henderson Syvertsen (77)
Donaldson Love
Morton Hughes
Kennedy Stewart
(81) Hall Rumsby (89)
(71) Watson Duffie
Lumsden Lyon (77)

Hide Match Report

John Rankin's first goal for the club gave Clyde a well earned victory in the capital, against an Edinburgh City side which started the afternoon at the top of Ladbrokes League 2.

Danny Lennon made four changes to his team, with Barry Cuddihy, Dylan Cogill, John Rankin and Mark Lamont all returning to the starting line-up.

Clyde, with a strong wind behind them, dominated the first half. They came close twice in the early stages, first a volley from John Rankin which went just over the bar, then Barry Cuddihy hit a shot across the face of the goal.

David Goodwillie had a golden opportunity when the ball fell to him inside the box, and the Edinburgh defence stopped expecting an offside flag to come. They were let off the hook however, as the hitman missed the ball completely with a fresh air swipe.

He made a better connection with the ball moments later, but was unlucky to see his overhead kick cleared off the line.

The Bully Wee took the lead in the 34th minute when Rankin, after being teed up by Cuddihy, hit a low left-footed shot from around 25 yards into the bottom corner.

Goodwillie once again beat The Citizens offside trap only to see his effort come back of the post. He was then left even more frustrated when he hit a shot whilst through on goal, but Callum Antell made an important save.

He was given another chance to double the advantage moments before half-time after Kristoffer Syvertsen charged down the left flank and cut the ball back, but Goodwillie's effort was blocked on the line again.

The home side now had the wind advantage and tested Blair Currie for the first time just after the interval, but he got both hands behind a long-range piledriver, to turn it behind for a corner. 

The Citizens had another chance to equalise when the ball was crossed into the middle of the box for Scott Shepherd, but he sent his effort wide.

The Bully Wee defended stoutly in the closing stages and held on to claim an important three points, ending Edinburgh City's run of 12 straight wins in the process.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights