Clyde FC
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Annan Athletic 1 v 2 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Galabank
Date: Saturday, 1st September 2018
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 569
Referee: P Stuart
Annan Athletic


Annan Athletic   Clyde
(37) Wallace Goodwillie (10)
  Love (56)

Hide Line-ups

Annan Athletic   Clyde
Jamieson Currie
Hooper Cuddihy
Creaney Grant
Wilson McNiff
Yellow Card Sonkur Rumsby
Watson Nicoll Yellow Card
Johnston Lamont (90)
Sinnamon Rankin Yellow Card
Yellow Card (62) Smith Goodwillie
Muir McStay
(78) Wallace Love (78)
(62) Fergusson Duffie
Minto Hughes
Roberts Gorman
(78) Wright Boyle
Murphy Cogill
Belmokhtar (Trialist) (90)
Lyon (Trialist) (78)

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee got back to winnings ways with a 2-1 victory over Annan Athletic at Galabank this afternoon.

Danny Lennon made two changes to his side, with David Goodwillie and Mark Lamont returning, to replace Dylan Cogill and Jack Boyle.

Clyde had the first chance of the game early on as John Rankin put a good cross into the box from the left hand side and found Chris McStay, but the midfielder was unable to put his header on target and the ball flew over the bar.

Another chance fell for Clyde not too long after, as Goodwillie managed to run with the ball into the box and looked to get a shot away, but his effort was well blocked by Annan defender Scott Hooper.

Goodwillie did eventually open the scoring, as the ball luckily deflected through the middle of the park past the Annan back line and the striker managed to get to the ball first before knocking it round the Annan 'keeper and tapping into an empty net.

Both sides then had good chances from inside the box blocked, before Kevin Nicoll had the ball fall to him on the edge of the box, but his volley went just by the post and out for a goal kick.

Annan got an equaliser just under ten minutes before half-time, as they managed to work the ball into the box, before eventually finding enough space to get a shot away and Tony Wallace saw his shot hit off the inside of the right post and into the back of the net past Blair Currie. The teams went in level at the break.

Clyde retook the lead five minutes into the second half, as the ball fell to Ally Love’s feet from a cross and the attacker managed to turn and volley the ball towards goal, which beat Jamieson and found the back of the net.

The Bully Wee went on to create a number of chances throughout the remainder of the second half, with Lamont and Goodwillie both going close to extending the lead, but they couldn’t get their shots on target.

Annan almost snuck a second equaliser in injury time as a corner caused problems in the Clyde box, but the ball was eventually cleared up the park and the referee blew for full-time to ensure that Clyde got all three points.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights