Clyde FC
NL Leisure Advance Construction Scotland

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Arbroath 1 v 0 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Gayfield
Date: Saturday, 11th March 2017
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 566
Referee: K Graham


Arbroath   Clyde
(41) Whatley  

Hide Line-ups

Arbroath   Clyde
Gomes Gibson
Gold McNeil
Sukar McNiff
Little J McMillan Yellow Card
Hamilton Perry
Whatley McLaughlin
(89) Hodge Ferguson
McCord Flynn (68)
Doris Gormley (51)
(86) Scott MacDonald
(85) Linn Johnston (77) Yellow Card
Malin Smith
Stewart M McMillan
(86) Prunty McKenzie (77)
Yellow Card (89) Ferns Higgins (51)
McCallum Lochhead (68) Yellow Card
Smyth Millar
(85) Kader McGovern

Hide Match Report

Clyde dropped to second bottom in the Ladbrokes League 2 table, after a narrow defeat to high-flying Arbroath this afternoon.

There were three changes to the starting line-up following Tuesday night's match at Berwick, with Jordan McMillan, Scott Ferguson and Peter MacDonald all returning. Scott Lochhead was also fit enough to be named on the bench for the first time since joining the club on loan.

In a first half in which both teams created chances, it was the home side who went ahead four minutes before the break with a simple goal from Mark Whatley.

Before that, a Flynn volley, a Ferguson run and shot and then another good effort from The Bully Wee winger were Clyde's main contributions to the first half. At the other end, John Gibson made two excellent saves to prevent the home side from adding another goal.

After the restart, a great run and cross by Ferguson just eluded McLaughlin and Higgins as they ran in on goal.

Just after that, Martin Scott could have put the home side 2-0 ahead, but his lob over the onrushing Gibson went well wide of the post.

The injured Gormley had to be replaced by Higgins and Lochhead then replaced the injured Flynn, going on to show up well in his first game for Clyde.

Arguably the best chance of the game fell to Peter MacDonald in the 63rd minute, when he ran on to a great ball into the box from Ferguson but uncharacteristically blasted over the bar from a few yards.

The game became very open in the later stages as The Bully Wee pushed men forward and risked being caught out at the back. Late attempts by McLaughlin, McKenzie and Ferguson all failed to suggest Clyde could find the necessary cutting edge to gain a point.

Video Highlights

Video Highlights