Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Queen's Park 0 v 1 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League One
Venue: Hampden Park
Date: Saturday, 14th May 2016
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 2,107
Referee: S McLean
Queen's Park


Queen's Park   Clyde
  Linton (33) pen.

Hide Line-ups

Queen's Park   Clyde
Muir Gibson
Mitchell Linton
McLeish Bolochoweckyj Yellow Card Yellow Card
Berry Smith
McGeever S McLaughlin
Wharton S Higgins (77) Yellow Card
(74) Woods Marsh (65)
Brown Brisbane (84)
Carter Millen
(80) Galt Kirkpatrick
Yellow Card Burns Gemmell
(74) Bradley M McLaughlin
O'Boyle Waters
(80) McVey Gormley (65)
Baty Watson (77)
Gibson Andrews (84)
Mortimer Glackin

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee's promotion bid fell just short at Hampden this afternoon, as a single-goal victory wasn't enough to turn around the Ladbrokes League 1 play-off final.

Barry Ferguson made three changes to the team following the first leg on Tuesday night, with Ross Millen, Michael Bolochoweckyj and Sean Higgins replacing the suspended Scott McMann, Marvin Andrews and David Gormley.

The home side started the match strongly and twice came close to increasing the aggregate score, but David Galt's shot was deflected wide and John Gibson turned Paul Woods' shot round the post.

However, backed by around 1,000 supporters, Clyde slowly came into the match and John Gemmell's looping header landed on the roof of the net.

After 33 minutes, the tie was back on as referee Steven McLean awarded The Bully Wee a penalty, after Gemmell's header was handled by Ryan McGeever. Scott Linton found the bottom corner from the spot; his 13th goal of the campaign.

There were no more clear-cut chances before the half-time break, but The Spiders looked certain to score early in the second half until Steven Brisbane superbly slid in to clear a low cross away from the waiting Woods on the line.

Clyde were finding openings hard to come by as Queen's Park guarded their lead, with Jordan Kirkpatrick's long range effort comfortably held by Willie Muir.

With 15 minutes left to play, the task became even harder for The Bully Wee as Bolochoweckyj was shown a second yellow card - perhaps harshly - for a clumsy tackle on Galt.

However, Clyde didn't give up and only a superb save by Muir kept out substitute David Gormley's excellent volley from 25 yards.

Marvin Andrews was sent into the action as a makeshift forward and, in injury time, he almost created a goal when his header drifted across the face of the goal, but unfortunately there was no-one in the right position to apply the finish.

The full-time whistle signalled a 3-2 aggregate victory for The Spiders and promotion to Ladbrokes League 1.

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Video Highlights

Video Highlights