Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 0 v 0 East Fife

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 16th April 2016
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 1,123
Referee: C Steven
East Fife

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   East Fife
Waters Kelly
Watson Slattery
Yellow Card M McLaughlin Campbell
Yellow Card Smith Page
McMann Brown (76)
Yellow Card (84) Millen N Austin
S McLaughlin Smith Yellow Card
Yellow Card Marsh Wilkie
Yellow Card S Higgins Naysmith
(74) Kirkpatrick Mercer
Gormley Kerr
Andrews Mullen
Gibson Goodfellow
Bolochoweckyj McManus
Brisbane Murray
(74) Slane J Austin
Glackin Coote
(84) Gemmell Insall (76)

Hide Match Report

East Fife were crowned Ladbrokes League 2 champions at Broadwood today, with other results meaning that a goalless draw was enough to confirm The Fifers as title-winners and also ensure that the battle for the play-offs remains extremely tight.

Barry Ferguson was forced into a late change to his starting line-up, as Scott Durie suffered an injury in the warm-up. Jamie Watson was promoted from the bench and a reshuffled team took to the field minutes later, with Steven Brisbane coming onto the bench.

With a lot at stake for both teams, the match turned out to be a tight and at times cagey affair. Steven Campbell saw an early effort saved for the visitors, before Scott McLaughlin came close for Clyde from close range.

Shortly before half-time, The Bully Wee survived a scare when a long ball into the box caused a problem but Scott McMann was in the right place to clear the ball off the line.

Early in the second half, Jordan Kirkpatrick's low shot from the edge of the box went wide. At the other end, another effort by Campbell didn't really threaten Marc Waters on its way over the bar.

As time started to run out and Clyde tried to force a winner, Sean Higgins did well to acrobatically hook a loose ball back towards goal, but it was cleared away by the East Fife defence before a finishing touch could be applied by a Clyde player.

Fifers substitute Jamie Insall had probably the last clear-cut chance of the match, but his shot drifted wide of the far post.

The full-time whistle blew on a hard-fought 0-0 draw - the first time that scoreline has been recorded at Broadwood since November 2011. 

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights