Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Berwick Rangers 3 v 0 Clyde

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Shielfield Park
Date: Saturday, 9th April 2016
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 637
Referee: G Irvine
Berwick Rangers


Berwick Rangers   Clyde
(21) Henderson  
(85) Henderson  
(88) McGregor  

Hide Line-ups

Berwick Rangers   Clyde
K Walker Waters
Beveridge Bolochoweckyj
Crane M McLaughlin
Notman Smith
McGregor Marsh Yellow Card
Yellow Card Fairbairn McGovern (34)
Graham Millen (46)
Martin Linton
McKenna McMann (63)
Henderson Kirkpatrick
Lavery Gormley
A Walker Durie (34) Yellow Card
Walters McMillan
Wilson S McLaughlin (46) Yellow Card
McNeil S Higgins (63)
Stevenson Slane
Hogg Glackin

Hide Match Report

The Bully Wee's promotion bid suffered another blow this afternoon, as Berwick Rangers remained unbeaten at Shielfield Park in 2016.

Barry Ferguson made four changes to a reshuffled team, following last week's draw with Montrose. Marc Waters, Mark McLaughlin, Michael Boloshoweckyj and Scott McMann were added in place of John Gibson, Marvin Andrews, Scott McLaughlin and Scott Durie.

The first chances of the match fell to Clyde and David Marsh dragged a shot wide, before Jordan Kirkpatrick narrowly missed the target and then saw a second effort pushed over the bar by goalkeeper Kevin Walker.

However, with their first real effort on goal, Berwick took the lead when Blair Henderson's glancing header looped over Marc Waters and into the corner of the net.

After a mistake by the home defence, Kirkpatrick had a great chance to equalise but he opted to play the ball to David Gormley rather than shoot, with Gormley having moved into an offside position.

Shortly before the break, Marsh should have scored from a Scott Linton corner but his header hit the bar and went over.

With JP McGovern already having already been replaced by Scott Durie due to injury, The Bully Wee made a second substitute at half-time as Scott McLaughlin came on for Ross Millen.

Clear-cut chances were hard to come by in the second half as the home side defended robustly, but third man off the bench Sean Higgins watched his header drift across the face of the goal as the frustration mounted.

As the match entered the closing stages, The Borderers began to find space on the counter attack and Michael McKenna missed from close range as he stretched to get on the end of a cross.

Soft goals from Henderson and Jordan McGregor in the final minutes sealed a final score of 3-0, with four teams now separated by just one point in the race for three Ladbrokes League 2 play-off slots.

Video Highlights

Video Highlights