Clyde FC
Homes Book Factoring Whitemoss Dental Practice

CFC Owners

Sign Up Log In

Clyde 1 v 0 Elgin City

Match Type: Scottish League Two
Venue: Broadwood Stadium
Date: Saturday, 12th March 2016
Kick Off: 3:00pm
Attendance: 611
Referee: A Newlands
Elgin City


Clyde   Elgin City
(15) Marsh  

Hide Line-ups

Clyde   Elgin City
Waters Hurst
Marsh Cooper
(72) M McLaughlin McPhee
Yellow Card Smith McHardy
Durie Nicolson Yellow Card
McGovern Reilly
Millen McKenzie (64)
S McLaughlin Cameron
Linton Gunn (82)
(67) S Higgins Easton
Gormley McLaren (70)
(72) Andrews Moore (64)
Gibson Black
Bolochoweckyj Duff
Glackin Lander (82)
Brisbane Ross (70)
Watson Dryden
Yellow Card (67) Gemmell Halsman

Hide Match Report

A first half goal from David Marsh proved to be decisive as The Bully Wee claimed a hugely important victory over Ladbrokes League 2 leaders Elgin City at Broadwood this afternoon.

Barry Ferguson named the same starting line-up that defeated East Stirling on Tuesday night, with Michael Bolochoweckyj returning to take a slot on the bench.

Clyde came agonisingly close to opening the scoring inside the first five minutes when Scott Linton's 25 yard shot crashed off the bar and, from the rebound, Sean Higgins' header bounced just wide of the post.

After 15 minutes though, The Bully Wee did score. Linton's long throw into the box wasn't fully dealt with by the Elgin defence and Mark McLaughlin did well to beat the away 'keeper to the ball and set up Marsh, who made no mistake from close range.

As both teams looked to attack whenever possible, Dylan Easton then forced Marc Waters into a save, before Linton's header was kept out by Mark Hurst at the other end.

Scott Durie also saw his volley saved as Clyde went into the half-time break perhaps disappointed only to be one goal ahead.

Early in the second half, Marsh could have got another goal to his name but he didn't make a clean connection with the ball after it broke to him inside the visitor's penalty box.

In general, The Bully Wee had looked strong defensively but after 78 minutes a cross from the left led to Chris Smith colliding with Daryl McHardy and the referee quickly pointed to the spot. However, Waters pulled off a fine stop low to his right to deny Craig Gunn yet another goal from a penalty kick.

The on loan Partick Thistle goalkeeper was soon in action again, pulling off a terrific one-handed save to deny Steven Ross after two favourable breaks of the ball for The Black and Whites in and around the box.

The final scoreline of 1-0 moved Clyde into third place in the table, four points behind new leaders East Fife but with a game in hand. 

Audio Clips

Audio Clips

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Video Highlights

Video Highlights